I’m gonna warn you: these are super delicious, but they are kind of annoying to make– at least for me. Mostly because I don’t like cutting the Velveeta slices and the boiling potatoes. Anyway, the end product is well worth it.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 oz of evaporated milk
- 5 oz of water
- 1 stick melted margarine
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- Peel potatoes and boil whole until done. Slice 1/4 inch thick and place in a 9×13 inch dish.
- Combine: soup, milk, water, margarine, and 3/4 lb of Velveeta. Place in the microwave for 2-5 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Pour soup mixture over potatoes.
- Top with 1/4 lb Velveeta slices.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts (15 minutes w/ my oven).
This recipe also happens to be in our “Cum, Vella Essa!” Family Cookbook, like this Red Lobster Biscuit recipe.