I saw this dessert on Mommy’s Kitchen, and I thought I’d give it a try since I had tons of marshmallows left over from Abs’s birthday cake. And let me tell ‘ya, J and I both agree that it is super yummy. It’s easy to make, too, so that’s a plus. You need a bag of mini marshmallows, homemade frosting, and brownies (you could buy brownie mix, but I prefer to make mine). For those of you who have our Family Cookbook, the brownie recipe is found on page 205.
Ingredients for Brownies
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
If you purchased brownie mix, make and bake them according to the package’s cake like brownies directions. If you choose to use the ingredients above to make brownies, here’s how you do it:
- Mix together cocoa, eggs, flour, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add margarine.
- Pour into a greased (not floured) 9×13 inch dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven.
When brownies are done, cover them with a layer of miniature marshmallows, and put back into the oven for a few more minutes–until the marshmallows are puffy and gooey. While the brownies are cooling, mix the frosting by . . .
- Bring 1/2 cup butter, 4 tablespoons cocoa, 3 tablespoons water, and 3 tablespoons milk to a boil.
- Remove from heat. While still hot, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Pour frosting over brownies.
- Allow to cool before cutting.