You hear of chocolate, strawberry, and lemon cakes, but have you heard tasted a peanut butter cake. Well, I hadn’t either, until I found this recipe over on Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. I’ve already made the cake twice in one month.
If you love peanut butter, you will love this. We think the frosting is the best part, and J said I could use this frosting on his chocolate fudge cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sugar and flour and set aside.
- Mix eggs, baking soda, and sour cream well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, boil peanut butter, butter, and water.
- Add the boiled mixture to the flour mixture. Stir.
- Add sour cream mixture. Pour into a 15×10 inch sheet/jellyroll type pan. Bake 20 minutes or until done. (I don’t have a 15×10 pan, so I poured most of the mix into a 9×13 pan and the rest of it into a 1.5 qt dish. Test by inserting toothpick in the center of the cake.)
- Boil butter, peanut butter, and milk in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Mix well (it will be thick).
- Pour frosting over the cake while both are still warm.
- Let cool, slice, and serve.
Let me know if you make it and what you think. You’ll love it!