Here’s the tutorial for how to make a crinkle square mini blanket with taggies like the one below for a baby. It’s super easy, quick, and doesn’t cost much. If you don’t have ribbon on hand, that might be your biggest expense.
- 2 squares of flannel (I used 9×9 inches)
- ribbons cut to about 4 inches long and folded in half (I used 4 big pieces, 4 medium pieces, and 4 skinny pieces)
- crinkly sheet/package, the same size as your flannel (I used a wrapper from a sample diaper I got in the mail). Some other options: wipes package, microwave popcorn wrappers, chips bag, clear gift wrap . . . Just make sure that you cut your flannel pieces to whatever size your crinkle sheet ends up being
- Put one piece of flannel right side up and pin ribbons along the edges with the cut sides off of the flannel. between the two pieces of material (wrong sides together).
- Put the second flannel sheet on top of the ribbons right side down.
- Put the crinkle sheet on top of the flannel and pin all layers together.
- Sew along all the edges– except, make sure to leave a big enough section not sewn so that you can turn the blanket right side out. Take the pins out.
- After sewing, turn the blanket right side out.
- Then, sew all the way around the square, and you’re done!