I love lasagna when its made without ricotta or cottage cheese. Just give me the mozzarella, and I’m good. My Grandma makes the best lasagna, but she uses a tomato paste mixture, etc. I found it easier to just use spaghetti sauce, so, here’s my altered recipe for Lasagna from my Grandma:
- 1-1.5 lbs of Ground Beef, depending on how much meat you like
- 32 oz of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese (I also add some Parmesan blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sauce, meat, and water.
- Spread 1 1/4 cup of sauce mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
- Top with half of the Uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese
- Repeat all layers (sauce, noodles, cheese).
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 1 hour.